7 pages

1718 Award Conditions FINAL 4-17-17

Please download to get full document.

View again

of 7
All materials on our website are shared by users. If you have any questions about copyright issues, please report us to resolve them. We are always happy to assist you.
    MONTGOMERY COLLEGE   Award Conditions   2017-18 What You Need to   Know! The Award Conditions contains basic information you need to know about financial aid eligibility, how your awards for financial aid were determined, what type of awards Montgomery College offers and the terms and conditions of those awards. There is also information on how financial aid pays your bill for tuition and fees, book credits, and application deadlines.  2 MONTGOMERY COLLEGE OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCIAL AID  AWARD CONDITIONS 2017-18   Montgomery College helps students and their   families pay for college with financial aid programs   that include grants, scholarships, loans, and   student employment. WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT FINANCIAL   AID?  Students may be eligible for aid if they meet   certain requirements. A student must ã   enroll in an eligible degree or certificate   program. (Enrollment in at least 6 credit hours   each semester is necessary for some types of    financial aid); ã   be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen; ã   have a valid social security number in College   records; ã   demonstrate financial need through the federal   formula; ã   make satisfactory academic progress toward   completion of an associate degree or a   certificate program; ã   not be in default on Federal Perkins Loans,   Federal Stafford Loans, or Federal PLUS loans   or owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or   Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity   Grant (FSEOG); ã   report all financial aid awarded by private   sources (such as scholarships, loans, employer   reimbursement, and other third-party   payments); ã   meet all additional federal, state, and   institutional eligibility requirements for financial   aid; ã   be a high school graduate or GED   recipient;(students younger than age 16   without a high school diploma or GED are not   eligible for federal and most state student   financial aid); and ã   not be concurrently enrolled in high school at   any time during the award year. (See “Special   Programs for High School Students.”) Students   in the MC Dual Enrollment programs are not   eligible for federal financial assistance. WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY FINANCIAL AID?  Students cannot receive federal financial aid if they   are taking: ã   Workforce Development and Continuing   Education (WDCE) courses ã   classes in which students register as    “Audit.” ã   most repeated classes previously passed   and being taken for the third time. ã   courses that are not in your declared program of study. ã   courses not needed to satisfy graduation requirements. HOW FINANCIAL AID IS AWARDED  Montgomery College uses the federal government’s formula to determine your ability to pay for your education. We collect eligibility   information on the Free Application for Federal   Student Aid (FAFSA) that you submit to the federal   processor. The formula considers your family   income (including your parents' income if you are   dependent and your spouse's income if you are   independent), the size of your family, the number   of family members attending college at least half-   time ( not including your parents), and other   financial information. Federal, state, and local   taxes paid, social security paid, and an allowance   for supporting the family are also factors in   determining your Expected Family Contribution   (EFC) . This amount represents what the formula   says your family can contribute to your educational   costs. The Office of Student Financial Aid constructs   average budgets that include tuition, fees, books,   supplies, transportation, and living expenses. These budgets are the Cost of Attendance . The   Office of Student Financial Aid subtracts the   Expected Family Contribution from the Cost of    Attendance. The difference between the Cost of    Attendance and the Expected Family Contribution   is your Financial Need . The Cost of Attendance,   Expected Family Contribution, and Financial Need   used to determine your financial aid awards can be   viewed on the college portal, MyMC. Students who   register for less than six credit hours each   semester may not have financial need for some   types of aid.  3 You may use your financial aid to pay for   developmental and English Language for Academic Purposes (ELAP) course work. (For additional   information, see the Satisfactory Academic   Progress Policy.) Refer to the on-line college   catalog for the credit hour equivalent for   developmental classes and ELAP classes. We review and award applications for financial aid   in the date order they are received, completed,   and verified. All financial aid is awarded pending   the availability of funds. Federal, state,   institutional and private financial aid funds may be   reduced during the academic year depending on   the source and availability of funds. You must report any change in your family   financial situation, school enrollment   (including attendance), or additional non-   federal and non-state financial assistance to   the Office of Student Financial Aid.   Additional financial aid received and or   decreased enrollment may reduce the   Montgomery College financial aid award or   the amount of student loans you may receive.   You must report any change in your name,   address, phone number, or citizenship status   to the Office of Admissions.   CREDIT HOURS, CREDIT EQUIVALENT HOURS,   AND BILLED HOURS  The college uses your total semester credit hours   or equivalent credit hours (for developmental   classes and ELAP classes) to determine your   enrollment level. Refer to the on-line college   catalog for the 2017-18 academic year to   determine class credit hours. This may not   match the hours you are billed for tuition. For   example, you may enroll in a class that is billed at   5 hours, but the equivalent credit hours equal 3   credit hours. Some developmental classes earn 0   hours, but are billed at the equivalent of 3 or 5   credit hours. In these cases, we use the   equivalent credit hours in your total enrollment,   not billed hours. The College also reports your   enrollment to the federal government using credit   hours. If you have questions, contact the financial   aid office. CONSORTIUM AGREEMENTS  Sometimes students are attending two colleges or   universities at the same time. Most types of financial aid can only be used at one institution   during the same semester. The institution   awarding the financial aid is usually the student’s   home school – the school from which the student   is receiving a degree. The school where the   student is taking other classes is the host school. Students who wish to have their credit hours from   both schools considered in awarding financial aid   at the home school must complete a consortium   agreement. This is a written arrangement   between institutions used to track total credit hour   enrollment at both schools. The student initiates   the process by contacting the home school’s   financial aid office and following their procedures.   The home school then contacts the financial aid   office at the host school to certify the hours the   student is taking. Not all schools participate in consortium   agreements. Check with your home school to find   out the institution’s policies and procedures. INDIVIDUAL PROGRAM INFORMATION   Please note: Your financial aid award   package may not contain funds from all of    these programs. Your initial financial aid   awards are based on full-time enrollment   (minimum registration of 12 credit hours per   semester). Cost of Attendance is adjusted   based on your enrollment status in each   term. If you do not enroll full-time, your Cost   of Attendance and financial aid awards may   be reduced or canceled, depending on the   rules of the specific program.   For financial aid purposes, the College   defines an academic year as equal to 30   credit or equivalent credit hours.   Federal Pell Grant   This is the Federal government’s primary grant   program for undergraduate students with   exceptional financial need who have not earned   bachelor’s or professional degrees. We determined   the amount of your award using your federal   Expected Family Contribution and your enrollment   level. We base the initial award on full-time   enrollment (minimum of 12 credit hours per  4 semester) for the fall and spring semesters. It is   adjusted each semester for enrollment of three-   quarter time (9 to 11 credit hours or equivalent   credit hours – 75% of the full-time semester   award), half-time (6 to 8 credit hours or   equivalent credit hours – 50% of the full-time   semester award), and less than half-time (1 to 5   credit hours or equivalent credit hours – 25% of    the full-time semester award). The determination of the credit hours your Pell   grant can pay for is based on your enrollment in all   terms within the semester. Pell grants adjust up   and down based on the number of current attended hours as of the 20% date of each   semester and part-of-term. Pell grants will pay   for attended, registered hours and classes attended through the course 20% date as well as   classes withdrawn with grades of W, F or U.   Withdrawals may cause adjustment to aid   amounts . Pell grants will not pay, regardless of    the amount a student is charged, for classes   audited and classes dropped before the course   20% date. Course 20% dates can be found on   MyMC. Students may receive Pell Grant funds for   summer sessions if they did not receive full-time   Pell grants in fall and spring semesters, which   includes Pell Grants received to attend other   colleges and universities during the academic year. Students with a federal status of “Lifetime   Eligibility Used” (LEU), or who are close to their   LEU, may not receive Pell grants or may receive   reduced Pell grants. The federal government   notifies you of this status on your Student Aid   Report. Federal Supplemental Educational   Opportunity Grant (SEOG)  This federal grant program supplements the Pell   grant of students with exceptional financial need.   The federal government provides MC with a limited   amount of SEOG to award to students. We base   your initial award on full-time enrollment   (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). It   may be reduced for less than full-time enrollment   or if students receive other grant funds. In order   to maintain a semester SEOG award, students   must stay enrolled in at least one class past the   6% date (MC last date for refund) for the semester   classes in which they registered. If students   withdraw from all classes prior to the 6% dates,   SEOG will be cancelled for that semester. Board of Trustees (BOT) Grant   This is an institutional grant program funded by   Montgomery College. To receive a Board of    Trustees Grant, students must have financial need   and maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 grade point   average (GPA). You may only use a BOT Grant to   pay charges for tuition and fees. If your tuition   and fees are waived for any reason, or are covered   by a tuition-specific award, we will cancel your BOT Grant. Tuition-specific awards include Board   of Trustees Scholarships, Montgomery Scholars,   Renaissance Scholars, and Macklin Scholars. Other awards may be included as well, depending
We Need Your Support
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in our free products and services. We are nonprofit website to share and download documents. To the running of this website, we need your help to support us.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support.

No, Thanks

We need your sign to support Project to invent "SMART AND CONTROLLABLE REFLECTIVE BALLOONS" to cover the Sun and Save Our Earth.

More details...

Sign Now!

We are very appreciated for your Prompt Action!